What is Paranormal Romance?
Paranormal romance, or “romance with the mysterious and supernatural,” falls under two genres. It’s either horror, which includes vampires and ghosts; or it could be fantasy, where witches are featured prominently. This type of story usually features an ordinary person who gets dragged into something extraordinary – like they fall in love withe vampire protagonist and have to save themselves from becoming one as well.
What are the best paranormal romance movies to watch?
Are you a fan of romance movies and paranormal activity? If so, then this is the post for you. Here are our top ten recommendations for romantic films that will not only make your heart melt but also give you chills with their different supernatural elements.
– The Twilight series: This iconic series has been around since 2008, and there are five main installments to date (with more in development). All of them have one thing in common – an intense love story based on teenage angst. In addition, they all include some type of paranormal entity like vampires or werewolves (depending on the movie) which makes things even more interesting!
– Ghost: Who doesn’t want to be haunted by Patrick Swayze?! Released in the early 1990s, this movie is about a man who was killed by his best friend. It’s up to the ghost of Sam Wheat – played by Swayze – to help his girlfriend move on with her life and find true love again…
– The Others: Released in 2001, this film stars Nicole Kidman as a woman whose husband goes away on business for several years. When he finally returns home she finds out that they are not alone in their family mansion anymore because there is something supernatural going on!
– Practical Magic: This 1998 release starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman also features witchcraft which makes it an instant hit among fans of paranormal romance films! Remember when you first saw ‘Sabrina the Teenage Witch’? Well this is even better !
– The Craft: Released in 1996 this movie starred Robin Tunney as Sarah Bailey who goes to an elite boarding school where she falls in with three girls – all witches! Together they cast spells on those that wrong them but soon find out their power might be too much for even themselves.
– The Exorcist: Released in 1973 and based on a novel by William Peter Blatty, this horror movie tells the story of 12-year old Regan MacNeil (Linda Blair) who starts to show signs that she might be possessed.
– The Witches: Another horror movie that also gives you a little bit of romance, The Witch tells the story of an orphan who was raised by three witches and now has to fight off all the evil around her.
Leave a comment below with what your favorites paranormal romances are!